Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My first step forward..............................

salamt

as you whole know i'm a medical student , but let me say that i just felt that in the last weeks as i started my 4th year , in libya my home medical students try their first step as a dr in that year .............& that was really worthy.........i noticed the difference in my life in my behaviour , i noticed new things in me & i'm trying to be stronger too , & that's my ral prplm .............MY EMOTIONS .............from the first day we got a great shock , our nice pt who had never suffered b4 , & now he's onlying coughing & thinks it's somthing easy........diagnosed as brocogenic carcinoma.......................i wont lie i did't cry yet.& that's a great thing i did now , you know it's diffcult to feel like a dr you 've to concern about every detail in this person's life & help him to be better ................you may read those notes & feel them non worthy but for me they mean alot ,,,,,,,,,,pts are grea too they are helping us alot even beside their great suffer, somtimes we feel them suffering & they don't talk just giving us a chance to learn.....................................
Nothing like a Doctor........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go on Girl, u r in the right direction.
One of the greatest advice I had from one of my best Seniors in Pediatric oncology department is : Don't ever relate emotionally with ur patient coz then u could never be able to treat them, u are not his mother or his sister, u are his/her Doctor. But guess what? I rarely was able to follow this advice. I connected strongly with those patients and their parents . And I did learn alot from them. I learnt medicine. but what I leart more was Life facts. Did thought me what our lives really mean. And I did cry with their moms and did a lot of support to their dads. One Doctor once told me, u are not giving those kids a saline with the IV lines, u are giving them ur tears. Don't be afraid from crying. But do it in the right appropriate time. It will be good for u and for them. That doesn't mean u are weak. I was one of the strongest doctors, at least in the eyes of my colleagues ( I never see or catogorize myself as strong).
So go girl go ... u r in the right path.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Ruwida Ashour said...

thax alot my dear friends.............. i love your words alot ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i iwshed that i could understand ur words.......but i can't understan the language ..........they must be nice ...................

Anonymous
thaxxxxxxxxxxxxx 4 ur support i i'm trying to write again those days as i 've alot to say............ iwish i know ur name ........thank u all

Anonymous said...

Rather cool place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).